At EdPlace we believe that every child is an individual so, to get the most out of their learning, different children will need different things. Using our rewards function is a fantastic way to customise EdPlace for your child and motivate them to learn using exactly what they love!
Rewards will appear in your child's dashboard on the website and app to remind them what they can earn if they work hard and count down to a goal set by you:
Every time your child logs in and completes an activity they will earn points, these points will build towards the reward of your choice. Your child's progress towards their reward will be clearly shown with a coloured bar on their personal countdown tracker. To find out more about how our points are earnt by students on EdPlace, please click here.
We believe each child is motivated differently, which is why we allow you to set an individual, custom reward for your child. To do this, follow the simple steps below.
1. Go to 'Rewards' on the homepage menu of your parent's dashboard and click on the 'Create Reward' button in the top, right corner.
2. Select the name of the child you want to set a reward for.
3. Enter a 'Reward Category'. (This defines the icon your child will see on their dashboard so don't be too concerned if there is not an exact fit for your reward.)
3. Enter a 'Reward Description'. This can be whatever you think motivates your child best, such as "Trip to the cinema", "Half an hour on Xbox", etc. You can also choose whether to keep the reward small and easy to achieve or to go for something larger which will take more time to earn.
4. Enter a website link. You don't have to enter a link but if you want your child to be more excited this can help. For example "Trip to the cinema" could be accompanied by a link to an upcoming movie trailer.
5. Enter the number of points required for the reward. Each correct answer on EdPlace earns at least 1 point, so it's up to you how generous you want to be! As a rough guide, it usually takes about 15 minutes to earn 10 points so you may want to consider how long you would like your child to work to reach their reward.
6. Finally, click on the 'Create Reward' button to finish.
Note, the number of points you enter relates to the points that the student will earn from then on. For example, if your child already has 50 points and the reward is set for 100 points, they will reach the reward when they have earned 150 points in total.
Now, when your child goes into his or her account, they'll be able to see the reward you have set and their progress towards it. If they click on 'Rewards' in their account, they will see their current and past rewards:
If a student does not currently have a reward set, they are also able to request one from you here:
We believe that motivated students can achieve anything, so why not add a little extra spark to their learning with a reward?
If you have any further questions about rewards or need any help at all, please contact our friendly Customer Support Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.