At EdPlace we believe that every child is an individual so, to get the most out of their learning, different children will need different things. Using our rewards function is a fantastic way to customise EdPlace for every one of your students and motivate them to learn using exactly what they love!
Rewards will appear in each student's dashboard on the website and app to remind them what they can earn if they work hard and count down to a goal set by you or their parent:
Every time one of your students logs in and completes an activity they will earn points, these points can build towards an agreed reward if one is set. Each student's progress towards their reward will be clearly shown with a coloured bar on their personal countdown tracker. To find out more about how our points are earnt by students on EdPlace, please click here.
We believe each child is motivated differently, which is why we allow you to choose various different rewards which can be individual to the student or linked to the rewards scheme you use. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
1. Go to 'Rewards' on the homepage menu of your educator's dashboard and click on the 'Create Reward' button in the top, right corner.
2. Select the name of the child you want to set a reward for.
3. Enter a 'Reward Category'. (This defines the icon the student will see on their dashboard so don't be too concerned if there is not an exact fit for your reward.)
3. Enter a 'Reward Description'. You could work with a parent to create a tangible reward which they can take responsibility for delivering (such as "Trip to the cinema", "Half an hour on Xbox", etc.) Or, alternatively, many teachers and tutors match our reward system to something they can provide personally (such as certificates, stickers or other motivational rewards that they already use). You can also choose whether to keep the reward small and easier to achieve, or to go for something larger which will take more time to earn.
4. Enter a website link. You don't have to enter a link but if you want a student to be more excited this can help. For example, "Trip to the cinema" could be accompanied by a link to an upcoming movie trailer.
5. Enter the number of points required for the reward. Each correct answer on EdPlace earns at least 1 point, so it's up to you how generous you want to be! As a rough guide, it usually takes about 15 minutes to earn 10 points so you may want to consider how long you would like a student to work to reach their reward.
6. Finally, click on the 'Create Reward' button to finish.
Note, the number of points you enter relates to the points that the student will earn from then on. For example, if a student already has 50 points and the reward is set for 100 points, they will reach the reward when they have earned 150 points in total.
Now, when your student goes into his or her account, they'll be able to see the reward you have set and their progress towards it. If they click on 'Rewards' in their account, they will see their current and past rewards:
If a student does not currently have a reward set, they are also able to request one from you here:
We believe that motivated students can achieve anything, so why not add a little extra spark to their learning with a reward?
If you have any further questions about rewards or need any help at all, please contact our friendly Customer Support Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.